Are you not sure what should the service look like? Do you need to generate as many ideas as possible and choose the right one? Then the most effective method is brainstorming. Simply choose the topic, dedicate some time for discussion and stay open-minded.
You will needflipchart, markers
Difficulty1 – it is enough not to limit the flow of ideas
- you need to innovate a service, but have no clear idea of how to do it
- you need to design a new service
Do not use when...
- you need to plan a completely new service or a radically new innovation
- you want a more in-depth discussion of the ideas (e.g. Thinking Hats are better suited for the purpose)
- Before you start, repeat the problem that is to be tackled and create a group.
- Select a coordinator who is to initiate the brainstorming and check the time.
- Write down all the ideas to a sheet of paper or a flipchart so that you do not forget about them. The suggestions should be visible for all.
- Do not discuss or evaluate the ideas in this phase, its aim is to generate as many ideas as possible. Inspire one another, support others to come up with ideas, and develop ideas of others.
- Close the brainstorming, organize the ideas, and discuss them. Continually take the ideas out until you have the best 2-3 of them. Analyze them more in-depth.
Keep in mind that...
- you can have both individual and group types of Brainstorming, while the group one takes advantage of the social dynamics
- the coordinator of the brainstorming session has to make sure that the less assertive participants have their space to come up with their ideas
- brainstorming can also take a form of so-called Brainwriting, when participants start with writing their ideas down, only to introduce and categorize them later
Find out more
- read some tips for better brainstorming sessions from inspireUX