Business model canvas
It is a template that will help you to set the service in such a way that it will meet all the user’s requirements with regard to financial and personnel background of the institution. It is basically a clearly visualized business plan.
You will needbusiness model canvas template, pen
Difficulty3 – requires you to consider all the details
- you like the idea behind the approach called lean start-up
- laying emphasis on the business model of the service
- you are able to describe the service’s advantages for the user
Do not use when...
- the idea of the future form of your service is not entirely clear
- the team has not agreed on the strategic goals
- Think about and clear up what your idea and goals are.
- Focus on who your customers are and define Customer Segments. Then define the Value Proposition for your users.
- List Channels and contact points through which you are going to deliver the service to your customers. Focus on Customer Relationships. This will help you to determine the Revenue Streams.
- Think about Key Resources you need in order to provide your service and Key Activities related to it.
- At this moment, you should have a clear idea about the types of Key Partnerships you need.
- In the end, create an inventory of expenses related to the providing of the service (Cost Structure).
- In a team, discuss, revise, and constantly test the business model.
Keep in mind that...
- you should try Desk Research before creating the Business Model Canvas in order to map the business models of your competition
- use post-its rather than sheets of paper - they can be easily replaced with a new and better idea
Find out more
- Business Model Generation is a book that will give you a detailed explanation of the whole method