I Wish This Was...
Creative and surprisingly effective way of feedback collecting. If you want to know users’ wishes, place a couple of pre-printed small sheets of papers saying “I wish this was...” and see what happens.
You will needsmall pieces of paper, a box, or a bulletin board for collection
Difficulty2 – the creativity and continual processing of collected feedback are, however, needed
- you are looking for a continual way of collecting users’ suggestions and feedback
- you do not have specific questions and you want to give your users a space to express their ideas on issues you would not even think of
Do not use when...
- you are looking for an answer for one specific question or more (general) questions
- Print the small pieces of paper saying “I wish this was...” and leave enough space for your users. Place them in the building.
- Prepare a box or a bulletin board for collecting users’ suggestions and feedback.
- Ask the users for comments and suggestions. You can also show them already completed cards in order to inspire them.
- Immediately pass the obtained suggestions to your colleagues. Consider the suggestions’ viability in a team. Implement and document the changes everywhere you can.
- Show the fulfilled wishes on your website and on social networks.
Keep in mind that...
- you need to work with the feedback - users will be glad to see that you react on their suggestions, do not forget to let them know about it
- other library employees should also be familiar with the acquired suggestions; communicate with them on a regular basis
Find out more
- information about the original “I wish This Was” project