Innovation Generator is a simple technique that will help you to link the findings of your research and analysis with opportunities and values of your company or organization.
You will needpaper, pens
Difficulty1 – one can even enjoy some fun with this technique
- expecting a quick team brainstorming
- looking for an inspiration for a future service
- you believe that cooperation promotes creativity
Do not use when...
- you do not know what are your users’ needs (go back to interviews)
- you need a more complex design of your service (try Business Model Canvas instead)
- Divide your paper in thirds - call them “Problems”, “Opportunities”, and “Innovations”.
- Stick post-its with research-based insights about the problems of your target group in the first partition.
- In the second partition, use post-its with products, services, and values of your organization, or with products, services, and values that would be easy to implement.
- In a team, combine the post-its from the first and second partitions.
- Test the most interesting combinations and swiftly introduce them into practice.
Keep in mind that...
- this method is devised for team work
- you can create the template on a wall or some larger space, which will provide almost unlimited space for your suggestions
- walk when coming up with ideas, it is proved that movement helps one’s brain to think